Saturday, February 25, 2012

Qualified

So first of all, I'll have you know that I wrote an entire blogpost yesterday however BlogPress-an app on my iPhone and iPad- failed me! If I would've had more time I would've reposted however I didn't. ANYWAYS!

So yesterday Honey and I got to go to the bank and get pre-qualified for a loan to buy house!!!! I mean we knew we would qualify, the monetary funding is there, however the mortgage rate right now is fenomenal and we wanted to lock in that rate in case the rate changes in the time it takes us to find our home. We were dead on to the estimated amount we qualified for. However due to me not having any credit- because my only debt is my car and I don't own a credit card- I was unable to be on the loan but I will still be on the title. Fortunately Honey has beyond amazing credit, even one of the brokers jaw dropped.

I've already contacted the real estate agent, whom is also a family friend and I went to high school with her son, so I have hopes that it won't be a horribly long process. I know the area, the price, amenities, basically everything that I want. Of course this slims the options down but that's fine I'm not going to settle. Honey lucked out when it comes to me being his partner, not to give myself a big head or anything but for him it will be a three step process.
1. Get prequalified (check!)
2. Look at the house I chose.
3. Sign papers to close.
For me however, I'll be doing the hunting and searching and all the extravagant shit. I'm beyond excited though and I can't wait to officially start the process of more than Internet shopping but actually going and viewing the houses. I have my eye on a couple, one being high on my list and my hopes are high for, but regardless I'm going to look at several so I know what's out there. I'm hoping Karen, my agent, can find several that I haven't found yet.

Now I'm rambling but I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself hehe :). I'm finally going to have a home. Not just a house but a home!! Wish me luck :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. yay! that sounds so exciting! good for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations! I'm happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it when you find 'the one'.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to be a whore, a comment whore that is. I respond straight to your email, because I'm just that fabulous. ;)