Sunday, December 18, 2011

a deathly experience

I don't know how to start this blog post off and I doubt there could be any right way to do so. I will tell you this, I do not know how available I'm going to be over the next week or so- mentally or physically. Last night was possibly one of the worst experiences that someone could go through.

We went downtown to celebrate my birthday. Needless to say the place we chose was a sorry excuse for a club so we basically sat there and stared at each other all night. Not quite eventful to say the least. We finally decided to leave around 1:45 or so to head home, I'm not quite sure of the exact time because everything seems so fuzzy looking back now. Honey was driving me and two of my friends home when all of a sudden the car in front of us swerved and Miller was screaming "stop the car there's a man!!". It was too late. We didn't see the man at first because the other car had blocked him. We hit the man while slamming on our breaks and trying to move over to the side, you can't avoid hitting someone when they run into your car instead of away from it. As his body hit the windshield panic set in. we just killed someone. Honey got out, I called 911, by the time I got them on the phone I was panicked and couldn't speak Honey came back over and took care of the phone call. The ambulance arrived and he still had a pulse and breathing. Long story short three hours, hyperventilation, panic attack, and a multitude of tears and questions answered we got to go home with the knowledge that the man passed away in the hospital.

This morning I woke up with an hour and a half of sleep and my heart is still weak. My prayers have been nonstop and my thoughts are endless. The news announced at 5 o'clock that the man had been drinking. I understand there is nothing that we could have done, we werent doing anything illegal and there was no foul play but my heart still hurts for his family.

My giveaway is going to have to hold off. Hopefully I will be back to myself soon. For now I'm spaced out as well as tired from the lack of sleep. Please be praying for this mans family and if you don't pray, then do whatever it is that you do.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm sorry that had to happen to you guys. I know you didn't do anything wrong but it's still something you'll never forget. Hope you're feeling a bit better after some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! My prayers are with you and the mans family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I love it, you seem like an amazing girl! I'm sorry to hear what happened to you guys around your birthday, will be praying for you and this man's family as well.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to be a whore, a comment whore that is. I respond straight to your email, because I'm just that fabulous. ;)